Friday, July 27, 2007

Hello

Beloved in Christ,

I have a proposal for you.

Firstly, my full names are Mrs. Mary Essy Busia a Ghanaian lady born on 28th November 1959 at Konongo-Odumase, Asante Akim North District where the first HIV case was reported in 1982. I attended primary education and secondary education from 1968 to 1977 and then joined Korle-BU Teaching Hospital, Accra where I qualified as a registered nurse in April 1982. I was married in 1983 and my marriage was blessed with 2 boys and a girl who are currently in the University and SS respectively.

My husband was a retired banker worked for some 35 years in banking sector :6 years as inspector and 14 years as regional director, totally 20 years with Erb Ltd + some 6 years he represented a group banks one from Bahamas, one from Jo'Bourg and the third one from Dubai + some 3 years he worked as senior adviser to Mr. Attah John Mills who was one of the vice-Presidents of Ghana + some 6 years as CEO and the chairman of the board of executives of Exim Bank (T) Ltd in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Resigned to establish his own business. He was one of partners of a design and construction company in Accra, Ghana. He also co-owned a natural stone and kitchen cabinet trading company as well as a precious minerals marketing company which deals in buying and selling of Ghana gold and diamond.

In 1995, back from the United States of America, I noticed that my husband had lost some weight and was complaining of severe headache. He was on and off treatment all the time. Throughout his illness we had no idea of what was happening as he was being treated symptomatically for this and that infection.

In 1999, his condition worsened and he was admitted at the Korle-BU Teaching Hospital, Accra. There was now widespread talk of HIV/AIDS and that begun to get to me. An HIV test was taken on my husband and he came out positive. Later, two weeks after the HIV test, my husband died from Streptococcal Meningitis.

For four years after the death of my husband, I had no signs of ill health. Then in 2004, I began to have frequent headaches and continuous diarrhea which would not respond to treatment. I went in for a HIV test and was positive. My heart bled in anguish when I thought of all my shattered dreams, while the question of "How come?" persistently boggled my mind. I was one of the many Ghanaians who strongly believed they could not contract HIV/AIDS. My high hopes of taking my husband's business empire to higher height were completely devastated. But after several meetings and discussions with friends who have experienced a similar problem, I have now decided to harness all my efforts towards giving moral and financial support to people living with HIV/AIDS and to live positively with my situation.

I am presently involved in community work for a Non-Governmental Organization known as The Society of Women and AIDS in Ghana (SWA-GHANA) of which I'm also a member. Their empowerment has helped me to look at myself differently as a full human being since HIV does not make me a lesser person.

I am currently the chairperson of one of the many Post Test Clubs that mushroomed as a result of the Government's Voluntary Counseling and Testing Services [VCTs] where I meet many people who are still in denial of their HIV status hence requiring my kind of experience to encourage and enable them face the challenge.

I have decided to focus my attention and efforts in making the people in the rural areas here see the reality about the epidemic, to accept it as real and more so to give moral and financial support the best way I can to the infected while I am still strong. I am the president of The Association of People with AIDS in Ghana [TAPWAG] and give HIV/AIDS lessons in schools, youth groups, churches and in seminars. I thank God for giving me 3 wonderful children whose prayers and love have brought me this far. I believe that God will answer their prayers someday and take this deadly disease off my system so I could live for them.

I have not contacted you  to sing about my HIV status or boast about my late husband's achievements but since we have not met each other before, I thought it's ideal you knew a few history behind my existence before coming to the purpose for which I have made this contact. My late husband's business partner was a top government official and he is currently investigated for corrupt enrichment and could upon conviction lose his assets to the government. It practically means that I will also lose everything to the government as my family has 50% capital input in all his major investments. I can't bear to sit back, fold my hands and watch dividends from my husband's long years of toiling and hard works go into the bottomless private purses of corrupt government officials that parade themselves at the Castle and leave my children frustrated for life, thus the reason why I have contacted you. I have contacted you to help me move out my late husband's funds totaling $US60 Million. I intend to part 20% of this funds to you should you accept to partner in this project. Every strategy to make this transaction a success has been mapped out and details will be given to you by my Lawyer when I hear back from you. You can reach me on telephone # +233-246-768-268 in case you wish to speak with me.

Meanwhile, as you read my story, remember, anyone can get AIDS and we are glad that with the abundance of information and facts, it will not be you!

Bless you.

In Christ...
Essy



Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!

No comments: